Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 2.

Books are so often both challenge and nourishment. Bruce and I finished Acceptance, the last book of the Southern Reach Trilogy, this past week. I think we have read 18 books together. Amazing.

Counting Acceptance, I finished three books last week. I love it when that works out! I feel well-fed and ready to tackle this week's books. I read Mary Oliver's Winter Hours, which is prose and poetry, and Hint Fiction, full of tiny stories. I read an interesting range. To replace Winter Hours, I chose Sleep of Reason by Morrie Creech, who was my last small group leader at Queen's MFA program.

I've also been writing more than usual. I responded to six prompts, each of which will probably become a blog post. I responded to a prompt with a mini essay on mental illness, which became my first Water in a Wine Glass post in over a month. And I finished my red, polka dot journal. I filled it in just under a month, which is good lately.

I began reading the novel Sprite on my phone, I think I'll like it. I like reading something on my phone because it is always with me and because I can sometimes read while I put Oliver to bed.

I challenged myself to be a tiny bit more social, so I talked to a mom at Oliver's therapy office for half an hour. It was fun. I told funny stories about Oliver.

This last Saturday, Bruce and I saw Fiddler on the Roof. The choreography was my favorite part. I wore a burgundy dress from Stitch Fix with tall boots and my black cape. We have Miss Saigon in two weeks!

Josh's schedule allows him and me a lot of time together this semester. His presence, voice, and touch nourish me. I love our conversations and how we share silly videos. I hope we'll have some morning fires to sit by. I hope we'll get closer this semester.

I really had to push though the challenge of completing half of the goals on my weekly To-Do Wish List, but I got there on Sunday.

For this coming week, I want to hit the half way point of my weekly list--nourishment and challenges are built in.

No comments:

Post a Comment