Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 1.

I've finished my first week of Nourish/Challenge. I didn't finish any books this week, but I did read one-per-day-plus extra-short stories--Hint Fiction. I've nearly finished Mary Oliver's Winter Hours. I'm also almost done with the tiny-book-club pick Acceptance--the last book in a trilogy!

Right now, I feel the nourishment of reading more than the challenge, but staying on track is still difficult. I challenge myself to read for one hour without stopping. I'm usually so distracted even when I'm alone. I also need to push myself with my children's literature focus. I have chosen several books, and I need to get going.

I picked up 'Salem's Lot again after a long absence. I don't remember much, but the storytelling still draws me in. Right now, it's a treat.

I've been responding to many prompts in my journal--just ideas I write on the top of a blank page to address later. Many of my responses become blog posts. I think that challenging myself with some focused prompts is good for me. Some of the prompts come from questions or thoughts from other writers, so I feel they are challenging me.

I didn't make it halfway through my To-Do Wish List, but I worked hard at it. It's time to make a new list, a new challenge. I also need to watch for or create nourishment--scraps of time with Josh, talking and good TV with Bruce, phone calls with Mom, enjoying good magazines before Oliver shreds them, and reading something sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment