Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Christmas Day: With the Boys.

Because Oliver was sick, the boys and I ended up having Christmas at home, just us, for the first time. It was mostly relaxed. Oliver just lay on the floor by his presents when he got too tired.

He woke around 5 a.m., and around 7 a.m., we decided to go ahead, sit by our forlorn tree, and open gifts. We gave Oliver family photo plaques from Shutterfly--almost indestructible. We gave him a plastic helmet like Super Grover's. Oliver has liked hats since he was tiny. We gave him a wooden car carrier with emergency response vehicles. And we gave him a Super Grover pillow and a Super Grover tee with Oliver embroidered on it. He didn't seem especially excited about any of it, but we tried!

I gave Josh a couple of fun T-shirts, a couple of plaque photos for his office, an absurd retelling of a Muppets' Phantom, and a mostly-out-of-print collection of novelizations of Jim Henson films. I was pretty excited about the hardcover box set, and Josh did seem to like it.

Josh gave me several gifts; I'll just tell you about a few of them. He gave me silver star or snowflake dangly earrings from Loft. I love them! I like how they look against (or tangled in) my dark hair. He gave me Fragrant Jewels ring bath bombs, mostly for snowflake rings). He gave me a PaperBlanks journal (fancy!) with silver filigree over deep pink. I'd wanted it for years! And he gave me The Mermaid Handbook. So I had one mermaid book already, and now, I have one from Bruce and another from Josh. I'll have to make a goal to learn all about mermaids in 2019.

So we had a quiet day and didn't expect much of ourselves. We ate the dinner snacks we had bought for our guests, and Josh donated our big Cracker Barrel holiday meal. But Christmas wasn't over!

No comments:

Post a Comment