Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2019

Nourish/Challenge: Week 3.

I wrote a lot this past week. I responded to prompts I'd saved, some of which I may want to revisit and respond to again later in life.

I finished Louise Gluck's first book of poetry, Firstborn. I have a few more books of hers, so I'm now working on The House on Marshland. The new style is often a lovely challenge.

Going back through old issues of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion, I was delighted to find the paper doll. I have always loved paper dolls. Several years ago, I was able to find and collect many of the fairy tale paper dolls I used to have. I want to look like that Snow White. I don't know what to do with them except gaze at them, and that's enough. But I would like to have a room wallpapered with beautiful paper dolls. Having these precious gems from my childhood nourishes me.

Bruce and I finished the Freakshow season of AHS. It does force me to think in new ways.

This past week, I kept up with my blog well. That was a challenge, but the required exploration and attention renew me.

On Saturday, Greg and Susan visited, and we had a good time. Social interaction with almost anyone is a challenge for me, but Josh's parents' warmth set me at ease. Plus, they gave a perfect combination: a candle and a journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment