Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Top Articles of Clothing.

Before I began teaching, I knew very little about dressing professionally or even casually. I usually wore jeans (Mudd, tight at the hips and oversized at the legs) with a tank top (such as Power Puff Girls) and Vans. My mom had to help me a lot and lend me a lot of her clothes. But I think I sort of developed a sense of style, and I enjoyed getting dressed for work. Now that I'm not working, I'm trying to have fun with clothes anyway. I'm an advocate and an individual. These are some of my favorite pieces right now.
  • Emerald short-sleeve button-down top. This piece is not only gorgeous; it also has love attached. I've always loved the top that belonged to my mother. She let me wear it when I read at a graduating thesis reading. A few years ago, at a time of much pain, she gave the top to me. I plan to wear it to a show this season.
  • Kut from the Kloth cuffed petite boyfriend jeans. I got these through Stitch Fix. They are so comfortable and always make me feel cute.
  • Champagne knit cardigan. This 3/4-sleeve, pale cardigan is thick enough to warm me up, and it is covered with neutral glimmer. It's from The Limited, and I bought it well before Oliver was born. I loved it so much that I bought one for my mom too. If I could only have two cardigans (tears!), I would choose this one and...
  • Charcoal gray sparkle open flutter cardigan. I found this at a Loft outlet years ago. I wear it with jeans or with a dress. It makes me feel like some kind of night fairy.
  • Pinstripe leggings. These are from Loft (wait for those 40% off days!). They have an elastic waist but look like regular pants. They're comfortable, and I love pinstripes.
  • Rose-pink velvet top with ruffled short sleeves and all-over glitter. I got this at Old Navy for $7! I l love pieces that really sparkle boldly, and the color is flattering.
  • Baby pink sweater with white snowflakes. I found this on super sale at Loft. It's so pretty and cozy, and I'm way into pink right now. I've loved snowflakes since I was 12.
  • Black hip-length cape. I bought this from Piperlime the winter after Oliver was born. I love the old-fashioned style. My childhood self would have wept with wonder to have this. I like honoring my childhood self when an opportunity arises.
  • My lilac coat from Loft. I wore out my last coat, so I watched this one online until it was 50% off. The color is just lovely. The coat is heavy and war without feeling bulky. I no longer try to go out without a coat.
  • Dark blue, Queen Anne neckline, white heart print dress. I love heart print, and it's so hard to find. I only had one heart-print cardigan, but then, my stylist at Stitch Fix found this dress! I'll wear it to shows and at any other time I can.
I'm thankful that lately, I've been able to buy some pieces that fit the current reality of my body. I feel blessed. Bigger sizes that fit well are so much better than smaller sizes that are miserable.

I'm figuring out how to be cute and comfortable just as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment