Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Word of the Year: 2019.

Last year, my word was Restoration. I blogged about it weekly, and I think I made a lot of progress and discoveries. 2017's word was Delight, which was as much about paying attention as about finding or making new sources of delight. A few years ago, my word was Invest, and I put more effort and energy into becoming the person I want to be.

This year, I've decided to cheat a bit. I'm going to have two words but treat them as one motivator and dream. Some of you may have read my blog post "Nourish and Challenge." Now, Nourish/Challenge will be my double word. They are each essential to the other, and I didn't feel I should separate them. Here are some ways I can use the companion words.
  • Read hard and often. Read tough and read delighted. Don't put off special or intimidating books. Reading can be both the nourish and the challenge. 
  • Continue with my goals and rituals. The year is beginning with children's literature. The challenge is convincing myself to quit whatever I'm doing and read. Children's lit should be bright if I surrender to it.
  • Finish reading the Bible. I plan to do this by my birthday. It's certainly challenging, but it's also nourishing in its hope.
  • Pour out affection. Everyone needs it in some form. It's a challenge, especially since I'm kind of reserved, but giving always nourishes the heart.
  • Challenge myself to exercise often and eat well. I need to take care of my body, and I hope to lose significant weight this year.
  • Do creative work of some kind. Send some of it out.
  • Nourish myself with movies, good shows, and musical theater. They seem to light up new parts of my brain and heart.
  • Maintain and nourish my most important relationships.
  • Check etsy for an engraved coin with Nourish on one side and Challenge on the other. A little reminder.
Please, tell me your word for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment