Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This Little Foot.


This is Josh's hand and the current size (at 34 weeks) of Oliver's foot. It's so tiny, and yet I can't believe that such a foot...let alone two such feet and a whole self to go with them...resides in my belly. This little foot that Josh could grasp in his palm (and eventually will) is tickling my ribs. It's shifting around for a more comfortable spot. It's so much chubbier than it was even a few weeks ago, and it will get chubbier still. I can't fully imagine the thrill of unwrapping the swaddles to look at these feet for the first time. I'll wrap them up again quickly, so they don't get cold, and then I'll be lifting a little cap to examine hair and the swirl of tiny elfin ears. I'll get to do all of this so soon.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it looks huge to fit in a uterus, much less through a... Well you know women have been doing this forever! Since the dawn of human existence. :-) I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete