Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 13.

Alas, I didn't finish any books this past week. But I continued reading poetry, and I've caught up on reading my Bible. I need to restore my confidence as a reader. It has been building up slowly. The Bible is not an easy read, and neither is poetry. But I've not given up.

Bruce and I liked the first two stories in George Saunders's The Tenth of December. Short stories are little adventures.

I got some advice on Stephen King horror, so I've begun 'Salem's Lot. I don't know what to expect.

And for my young adult focus for spring, I've begun Stealing Snow, a retelling of "The Snow Queen." I like it so far. Oliver tore a lot of the pages (he's obsessed with tearing paper right now). I taped what I could, and I hope I'll be able to figure out the rest.

So this coming week, I want to keep up with my Bible day by day instead of in marathons. I want to start another YA book and finish Stealing Snow. I'd also like to finish Thrall, poems by Natasha Tretheway. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment