Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Restoration: Week 13.

Even though I didn't finish any books this past week, I did catch up with my Bible, and I made progress reading poetry.

Josh watched Trainwreck with me! Josh doesn't really like movies, so this was special. It's one of my favorite movies, and I loved watching Josh laugh.

And Bruce took me to see The Greatest Showman! It was wonderful. The songs seemed to click right into waiting compartments in my brain. I plan to listen to them often, letting them restore me in ways I may not understand.

Another day, Bruce and I watched some of our current favorite shows: The Good Doctor, Electric Dreams, and Lore. I'm ready to keep going! The shows are certainly restoring my curiosity and imagination. And the shows build up my friendship with Bruce.

And we will see The Color Purple on Saturday. I haven't read the book, so it will be all new to me. Going to the theatre always restores me---with joy, with empathy, with thrill, with curiosity, with understanding, and with celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment