Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Restoration: Week 15.

Scripture, fiction, and poetry have built me up this past week. I don't feel as if I read enough, but I did finish two books. My spring young adult lit focus is in progress.

I got to watch a good movie and some good TV. Bruce took me to see The Quiet Place, which we both liked. My tolerance for scary movies and TV has grown considerably. More to enjoy! The Good Doctor wasn't on last week, so we watched Saturday Night Live, Electric Dreams, and Lore. So fun. Leslie Jones restores me by making me laugh hard. The science fiction and folklore awaken and restore creativity and curiosity in me.

I've been listening to Phantom in the car again. It restores my sense of wonder and my memory for what delights (last year's word!) me or speaks to me deeply. I share the music with Oliver when I drive him around. He seems to listen. That seems to restore or even build a new kind of connection between us.

I painted my nails, and I woke makeup almost every day this past week. I hate painting my nails, but I love the surprise of color on my hands. I want to restore my interest in beauty.

What can I restore this coming week?

No comments:

Post a Comment