Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 16.

I finished two books this past week! Dress Shop of Dreams was sweet and fun--light with a ribbon-tied ending. I enjoyed the magic realism. I need to read more MR. 10th of December was for my tiny book club (Bruce and me). This one was my pick because I loved one of George Saunders's stories in Best American Short Stories. He's amazing at blowing open all the quirks and absurdities of a character's mind.

I'm behind on my Bible. I'll make a good habit eventually! It is important to me.

I've still been reading poetry in the tub. Felicity is my second Mary Oliver book (the first was Dream Works), and I think she's becoming one of my favorite poets. I couldn't find any more cheap copies of her books. I'll have to wait and request them for my birthday (which isn't so very far away). But I'll ask Josh to check his college's library.

I've started a YA ebook, Fairest of All, which is about the queen from Snow White. I can always use more fairy tales. And they are not so hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment