Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 14.

I finished Thrall, poems by Natasha Tretheway, this past week. I didn't expect to like it much, but I definitely want to read more of her work. She served as U.S. Poet Laureate and won a Pulitzer.

I've also been reading Kelle Groom's Five Kingdoms. It's the second book of hers that I've picked up. And I'm reading Rita Dove's Selected Poems and Ordinary Day, a chapbook by Xue Di. I'm getting better at reading aloud.

I've read a couple of George Saunders's stories, but I've mainly focused on the young adult fantasy novel Stealing Snow. I'll finish it this week.

I've set other books aside, and I'm somewhat behind on the Bible. I'll work on all that this coming week. 

I've had the thought of setting and reaching one major literary goal each year. This year, it's reading the whole Bible. Next year's may be joining National Novel Writing Month in November. Other annual goals could be to read all the works of a writer...C. S. Lewis maybe. Or Alice Munro. Something bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment