Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Restoration: Week 16.

I finished two books last week, so the restoration of my reading continues. Bruce and I finished another book together, something that has always restored and built up our friendship.

Bruce also took me to see I Feel Pretty. It was funny and sweet; we both really liked it. Going to the theater now and then restores my love of movies.

I'm still listening to The Greatest Showman in the mornings. It helps to restore my serenity and somehow, my energy too. Sometimes, Oliver will dance with me to "This Is Me."

Oliver allowed me to hug and kiss him in a burst a couple of days ago. Showing affection for others can be so restorative.

I began a YA fantasy novel. Reading fantasy restores my joy and wonder.

I know that my mind and heart need further restoration. I try to work on that each day, even in little ways like reading a few extra poems, putting on blush, or kissing my husband. I'll be working on this all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment