Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Restoration: Week 14.

This past week was spring break for both of my boys, so we spend a lot of time together. Oliver started asking us to read to him again (he hasn't let us read to him for months). He and I danced to songs from The Greatest Showman. I 'd love to put Oliver in some kind of dance class eventually. I want to give him as many coping methods and as many joys as possible--dance, theatre, music, books. Josh can also offer sports, science, philosophy.

I read a lot of fantasy this past week. YA fantasy seems to restore some parts of me--imagination, thrill. It's been lighting a little spark of wanting to write fiction.

I worked on my blog, and that helps me connect parts of myself and express myself in ways I usually wouldn't. I think it also restores readers' sense of connection to me.

Bruce and I went to see The Color Purple musical. It wasn't nearly as rough as I expected; Bruce said it toned down a lot of the book. The talent was impressive. Bruce and I sang show tunes all the way home. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment