Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2018

I Thank Myself.

I think that just as we tend to forget to thank the people who have helped us, we forget to thank ourselves.

I thank myself for
  • Starting a journal in earnest when I was 15
  • Writing poems and stories
  • Marrying Josh
  • Having Oliver
  • Nursing Oliver for 13 months
  • Applying to Queens University's MFA program
  • Asking Alan Michael Parker to be my thesis advisor
  • Forgiving as much as I can
  • Forgiving myself as much as I can
  • Learning to type (Mavis Beacon!)
  • Working hard in school
  • Making friends with Melissa
  • Asking Bruce to carpool to work
  • Watching so many movies
  • Collecting pens and journals, so I always have a selection on hand
  • Opening my heart--every time I've done it
  • Going to therapy
  • Going to a psychiatrist
  • Setting up everything Oliver needs
  • Being brave

No comments:

Post a Comment