Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2018

About Purses.

I have a small, silky black purse with a gold clasp and a gold chain. It belonged to Mimi, my great grandmother. I wonder where she went with it.

I've had so many pretty and fun purses. Here are some little memories:

One Easter when I was 11 or 12, my mom gave me something like a grown-up Easter basket. I remember a lavender velvet top, Clinique Almost Lipstick in Almost Kissed, and a shiny ivory purse. It's one of my favorite memories.

I vaguely remember a small fold-over purse that was a party favor from my friend Tracy's birthday party. She had the best party favors.

Before taking me to Europe when I was 13, my Nanna and Grandpa bought me a "passport purse," blue velvet drawstring style with blue roses. I took it to a show recently.

My darling friend Melissa once gave me a beautiful black and white Audrey Hepburn purse with rhinestone details and red lining. I used it until I wore it out.

As a teenager, I bought Disney purses at Wal-Mart. I found Aurora and several Cinderellas. I still have one with pale blue sequins.

At Bath and Body Works one winter, I bought a beautiful purse of green velvet and silk. Most years, I wear it just around Christmas. I want it to last.

When I was at Disney World for my honeymoon, I found an adorable bright pink mini messenger bag with Tinkerbell, glitter, and beads. I bought it and used it until I wore it out.

Now, I use a LeSportSac tote with silver straps, pink lining, and lovely art work from the live-action Cinderella. It was a birthday gift from Mom and Shane a couple of years ago. It's stuffed.

It's always interesting to know what's in someone's purse or bag--what does the person consider a necessity? How much of a girl's personality is revealed through the objects she always keeps near her?

No comments:

Post a Comment