Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Snowflakes.

I'm not sure how my snowflake obsession began. I think I was 12 or 13 because I remember that we were living in our first Charlotte house after our move from the Nashville area. I had a huge, wonderful bedroom with one huge window. I remember taping paper snowflakes to the window. They looked pretty from the street. Mom had a few white snowflakes on the Christmas tree, and I asked to put them in my room after the holiday.

I guess I loved the glitter and later, the shimmering beads and rhinestones. I started quite a collection, and many people gave me to beautiful snowflake ornaments. Josh bought me a silver snowflake necklace on our wedding day. My mom gave me tiny purple snowflake earrings for Christmas last year. I've had snowflake pajamas (still do) and snowflake sheets.

I remember shopping for snowflakes at the Biltmore house gift shops. I used to hang snowflakes every where. Just recently, Mom was helping me clean out the guest room, and I sort through a mass of snowflakes I hadn't unpacked for several years and several rental homes. I loved seeing them again, and I loved getting glitter all over the guest bed--purely by accident of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment