Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2016

A Reading Life.

Doesn't that sound wonderful? A reading life requires that books are a priority, that reading is a daily practice like running or playing piano.

To be "well-read," one must read a great deal, and people expect a wide knowledge of the canon.  I think it is best to sample many genres and do so often to see how the genre transforms over time.

Two well-read people deep in their reading lives may have almost no books in common. It's about the pursuit of literature--knowledge, reading stamina, bold reading, discovery, and adventure.

Over my lifetime, I've had many periods of time with very little reading. It made me feel sick and disconnected from myself. Experiences like that remind me that I am supposed to lead a reading life.

*GoodReads is a great way to organize your reading life and challenge yourself further.

No comments:

Post a Comment