Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Ancient Curiosity.

Natalie Goldberg is full of interesting phrases. Ancient curiosity: out of context, what does that mean?

I wish I were more curious. I get curious--intensely and temporarily--about very specific, often strange subjects. Is curiosity something one can cultivate? If so, how?

I love how the hunt for information on one subject leads to many fascinating branches. A few minutes of Wikipedia or IMDB put me right in that flow, and I could end up anywhere.

But what makes a curiosity ancient? It must be deep, old, changing but permanent. I can see that in my passion for musical theatre. I've had that since before I was 10. Nothing had given me such joy, such a thrill. I avoided it for a while because my feelings and reactions overwhelmed me. But I'm back in it now, exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment