Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2016

What a Great Life.

I wonder where I got this phrase. A little string of words will catch me, and I follow it later. So what is so great about my life?

The three of us are here, and everyone is quiet. No one is angry or throwing up. The sun is out.

I've got stacks of books to read--many of which could, in some way, make me a better person. I can scribble for years and never run out of pretty volumes to use.

Food is in the kitchen though we're due for a grocery trip. Josh brought me a Dr. Pepper back from the gym.

Love surrounds me--both through present people and through gifts others have given me. Love is in the robe I'm wearing, the journal I'm picking up.

My husband gets excited when I blog, write, or read. He is always reading at a great pace. I admire him for that. We encourage each other, especially to read.

Soon, it will be summer, and Josh will be home more. Bruce and I may start swimming again.

Someone calls me beautiful or pretty every day.

I have a deep, pink-ink ridge on my middle finger: evidence that I've been writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment