Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Soaked in Art.

--Doris Lessing

I love the thought of this. How can I get soaked in art, and how can I help Oliver get art-soaked too?

I have season tickets to the theatre (which constantly amazes me), and I need to renew those each year. I should also go to as many additional shows as possible. They change the wallpaper of my mind if only briefly. I should go to our two local theatres to explore and support them. I can relive shows through souvenir programs.

I need to listen to showtunes and other music daily. I can share music with Oliver--we can dance. When he's old enough, he can go to some shows with me.

I have several art books, and I ought to be looking at them and showing them to Oliver. I can also go to the library and look at big books of art at one of the tables.

Literary immersion is simple simpler but more time-consuming. I have a great many books that would sharpen me, but I can only tackle so many at a time. I do think that nearly any book can makes a person smarter, brighter. I just have to get pushing and go after the stacks in my room.

What else can I do? I can talk about books and shows, reinforcing and adjusting my thoughts. I should also enjoy film. Bruce and I have a weekly movie afternoon, but I can also watch movies alone.

I've already surrounded myself with reminders of what I should focus on--fairy, mermaid, and princess art; pens on display in pretty mugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment