Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2016

Conditions to Write and Keep Writing.

This SARK phrase caught my eye. What are the conditions to write?
  • at least one supporting person. I have several people I wouldn't expect (like my nanna) ask if I've been writing. Several people have enjoyed my blog in the past--many of whom I'd never expect.
  • a reading routine. I have many books around me, covering most genres I want to write. Reading fills me, and I dip into that when I write. When I'm not reading well on a daily basis, I'm not ready to write. Or be a human being.
  • stability. I need to be stable to approach my writing effectively. Routines help with this too. I need to know when I can write and when I can read. Protected time is vital. 
  • writing spaces. I have a big gray suede armchair, a lovely white secretary desk, a denim chaise lounge, and a bed I love. I also have a library within walking distance and a cute coffee shop where I've written before.
  • writing tools. I do my product-based writing (writing that will become a story or other piece) on a laptop. It's almost as portal as the tools I use for writing practice and personal writing. I have more of those tools--beautiful journals, endless variety of pens--than I will ever use. But I like that feeling of abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment