Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Writing on Location.

I've written about this before, and I havaen't been great about doing it myself lately. But when I refer to writing "on location," I mean taking your notebook or your drafts out of your typical writing space. This will let you use your senses in a new way: all will be a backdrop to your writing, and you'll also learn to write anywhere despite distractions. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
  • Go traditional and write at a cafe (tip well if you stay long!), a library, or a bookstore. Feeling books all around youwill make you feel both supported and excited.
  • Write in the car (when someone else is driving!). Write about funny city names, street names and pull at you, animals you pass...
  • Write in some beautiful place, such as botanical gardens, a museum, or an aquarium.
  • Starting small? Write in a different room. Inhabit that room and describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment