Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2016

How to Be Generous with Myself.

  • If I know something I want as a gift, I should just tell the giver. He or she will be ready for the next gifting event, and I'll get exactly what I wanted.
  • Take and use alone time. If Josh tells me to go be alone, I should do it.
  • Remember how much I've been doing lately, and remember that Mama would probably say, "Give yourself some grace."
  • Add enjoyable elements to whatever I've doing--play music when I wash dishes, use fun (sparkly, metallic, scented...) pens whenever possible, and accidentally spill glitter.
  • Read the books I've been saving (for what?).
  • Write in the beautiful journals I've been saving (for what??).
  • Work on being comfortable with my body as it is.
  • If some clothes make me feel more uncomfortable with my body, I should consider getting rid of them.
  • Continue to let myself use work clothes, shoes, and accessories on ordinary days. It feel luxurious and a little sneaky.
  • Order some used (1 cent + shipping) books from Amazon.
  • Sleep deliberately, so it doesn't kidnap me.
  • Stretch out on my denim chaise in the quiet guest room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment