Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2016

What Would Be in My Tender.

Clearly, I've watched too much Thomas and Friends with Oliver. But I like that the Sodor engines have tenders. I like the name--they tend the engine by filling up with coal or wood for the journey. Sometimes, my tender is my house purse with books, journals, magazines, and pens. A "tender" package full of what one needs to get through a day or a month would be a great gift. My metaphorical tender would have literature in general, and at the perfect moment, I'd get precisely the book I need.

In the last month, I've probably bought 7 or 8 books. All were pretty cheap ($4). Maybe that's going to be my impulse buy! It makes more sense (and is much cheaper) than clothes. The books just seemed so wonderful and necessary. I've got to keep one in my tender and try to read more books than I purchase! Maybe I'll get a new book after each time I read two books. That might be fun.

I need music in my tender too. Showtunes have been magic for me, helping me get motivated to get ready and do dishes. And maybe I'd include some of my favorite soothing movies like Little Women and God Help the Girl.

Every day, I chose a pen to use for my journaling. The color and the effect (metallic, glitter, plain ballpoint) both express and set the tone of the day's writing, so I'll need plenty of those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment