Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2016

Wit, Whimsy, and Effortless Elegance.

I saw these words in a Pottery Barn catalog. Wow. I would love to have all of these. I like the word wit. It's a bit of raw intelligence and a bit of sharp humor. Awareness.

I had to do something with this sophisticated and brilliant little collection of words. Can a person have all of these at once? I think so.

Whimsy sounds like what it represents. It makes me think of flying kits and blowing bubbles while wearing a white dress. It's such a sweet little word. How often am I whimsical? Not often enough. But I feel it in craft stores and swimming pools. I feel it around my favorite people.

Effortless elegance. I don't know about effortless, but I hope I've at least tried on elegance (like trying on a magical dress I could never afford!). When Bruce and I first saw Phantom, I could feel the elegance of the theatre, sets, and costumes, and I think that at least a bit of it dripped onto me.

So maybe I can absorb some of this wit and whimsy until they are quick and live in me. They seem well worth cultivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment