Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2016

Fun Journaling Tips.

  • I love to use stickers in my journals. Before I use a journal, I add stickers to every second spread. Usually, they have some connection to the journal's theme or colors. It's fun to see which sticker is next, and it makes me want to keep filling and turning pages.
  • Each day, I switch to a new pen in a new color. This may reflect my mood, and it keeps the days distinct in case I look for something later.
  • I use all kinds of pens--whatever I feel like using that day: all colors, fine-tipped markers, pens with multiple colors, glitter, metallic, fluorescent, fountain pen...I love getting any pen from someone (encouragement to write!), but something unique is especially fun even if I'm unmotivated.
  • If I see words or come across images or ideas that strike me, I want to write about them. But I may not have the time or energy just then, so I write something at the top of a blank page in my journal. I call them prompts, and I come back to write about the topic later. It doesn't interrupt my other writing. Some of these prompts have become blog posts.
  • I think of myself as a journal collector. I look for beautiful, unique, sturdy books to become my own. My collection is massive, but they are like buried treasure in two green, polka dot boxes under my bed. Selecting the next volume (gift? smooth pages? size? paper strength? beautiful cover?) is so fun. It feels like that great word: abundance. So having at least a few journal to choose from is great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment