Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

300 Books a Year.

I read about someone being a judge or reader for...maybe the National Book Award, and she read this much for it. I hope it paid a salary! How could anyone read that much and still take care of basic needs like eating and sleeping, let alone have a job or human interaction? Am I really so slow?

I read 100 books one year, but I was mostly isolated. And I read almost everything--novels, memoirs, young reader books (such as the Little House series), poetry...

I will say, though, that swimming through an ocean of books seems pretty thrilling--especially if it were a paying job. Imagine how much that many books would alter, sculpt, or shine a person!

It's more that half the number of books I've read in my life. This makes me want to push more. If I lose focus on my reading, getting back is so difficult. My goal to read 50 books this year seems both overwhelming and unimpressive.

I'll keep trying to be a stronger reader, which I can only do through practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment