Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2016

Who Gave Me the Tools I Need?

Here are just a few concerning literacy and writing:

Mom gave me reading. I had a lot of her old books in my room. I don't remember her ever talking me out of a book. I often saw her reading. She let me read during meals--an amazing legacy from her mom.

Grandpa because he'd always buy me books, especially for the plane ride home.

Nick always encouraged my writing like something important and new. He also know practice was vital, so he pushed me. He also took me to Barnes and Noble often.

Alan showed me how to be more critical of my work. He made me feel that I had talent, but I had to dig past childish expression. He pushed me, and I improved.

Queens overall just kicked me around in general. But now, I have so many writers and books that I would not have discovered otherwise. My time there is one of the most important experiences I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment