Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Indulging a Whim.

--Paula McLain

I like this phrase I read in a book. The word indulging makes me think of someone taking a big bite of something oozing caramel. Whim makes me think of butterflies and white lace dresses.

Going to the Disney Store felt like indulging a whim even when I didn't find anything I had to have. Unusual nail polish seems whimsical. Sometimes, my journal is whimsical with colors and stickers and wishes. Looking at Madame Alexander dolls is an indulgence that stretches my imagination and adds detail to my sense of beauty.

I could indulge a whim by stopping to read more magazines, especially the ones that encourage creative work. I could read more YA novels. I could re-read Block books. I could wear earrings more. I could pretend play with Oliver more. I could wear interesting eye makeup instead of wearing the bare minimum (powder, mascara, lip stain). I could swim! It makes me feel like a water sprite.

"Indulging a Whim" might be a good title for my next journal. I named my journals for a while, and I'd like to start doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment