Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Staying Faithful to Myself.

How can I do this? Being faithful to myself does include being faithful to my closest relationships, keep them open and fresh.

Part of being faithful to myself means avoiding alcohol, smoking, and drugs. I have never tried these.
I have an obsessive personality and tend to be excessive, so I have to avoid these all together. Most people seem to understand this when I've explained.

I think being faithful to myself also means holding close to what delighted me when I was a child--those deep thrills. So it became important several years ago for me to work my way through children's books and series I miss--Little House, Narnia, The Borrowers, and such. I still have a lot to do. I was also a great daydreamer, and I'm trying to revive that. It put me in a pink Glinda bubble much of the time.

Theatre tickets certainly seem to show my childhood self that I care about and understand her. Sometimes, I feel like I'm 7 or 8 again, going to a first show.

To be faithful, I have to know myself now. Writing and blogging and later re-reading show me who I am or was right then. They can teach me the best ways to love and care for myself.

I also have to surround myself with people who love and appreciate me. And I can learn to love and encourage them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment