Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2016

The Mind I Love.

--Katherine Mansfield

Josh and I have been together for over 10 years now, and we still have so much to discover about each other. Often, some of our old beliefs about each other will change. We can't keep up, and in many ways, that's wonderful.

Josh's mind works in odd ways. Sometimes, it drives me crazy; sometimes, it amuses me, or it's endearing. I'm probably strange in ways both charming and maddening too.

While my mind snaps like an animal trap on specific obsessions, Josh is jumping around from subject to subject, over my head and beyond my strength. But to him, it's easy as reading comics. No book or topic seems to overwhelm him. He's read some of the most difficult books I know of (Ulysses, War and Peace).

I'm impressed. I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment