Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Wild and Strange.

This is Lauren Groff's phrase.

I have a board on Pinterest called All That's Best of Dark and Bright (Byron). Wild, strange things can be beautiful. Consider Maleficent, both animated and and live action. She's scary and beautiful.

Sometimes, I don't think I'm wild enough...though my heart does beat like a terrified wild thing when someone comes near. Most of my wildness goes into my writing or becomes part of my reading experience. I don't know if others think of me as wild, but some measure of that seems necessary for a rich life.

Strange...maybe. People have perceived me as cold, tense. I think my relationship with music and theatre are strange in their intensity. Some of my object attachments may be strange.

I like the idea of being a little wild, a little strange. If I were more openly myself, maybe people would see me differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment