Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2016

How to Catch up with Your GoodReads Goal.

As I'm writing this, I ought to be catching up with my own GoodReads goal. I'm 1 or 2 books behind now. If you don't have a goal or a GoodReads account, go there quickly! You can log in with your Facebook account.
  • Add a variety of book lengths to your list. Don't read thick classics only.
  • Read some children's books you missed. I bought a few Roald Dahl books. I don't expect them to take long, but I think they'll be fulfilling and help me catch up.
  • Read of volumes of short stories (go for the thinner collections first!). The pre-packaged stories are perfect to digest over breakfast, during a break, and before bed.
  • Read more poetry. Poetry books are usually quite slim, but they are more difficult to process than a lot of other books. Read it aloud. Read it to someone. Let your feelings understand if your thoughts do not. Gather up all your library has (ask for the poetry section), and dive in.
  • Limit your book buying. This is no fun, but tell yourself that after you read two books you already have, you can buy one new (or new-to-you) book. Rewards may help you push toward your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment