Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Tiny Interesting Choices.

--Randall Munrow

How much do these matter?
  • Choosing a movie on Amazon to watch alone. It makes me feel independent, and it satisfies some of my curiosity about movies, especially scary ones.
  • Choosing a new journal to begin. I have many to choose from. Spiral? Colorful or patterned pages? Colors and themes in the cover art? Weight and texture of pages? Size? It all reflects my mood and plans.
  • Choosing a pen for the day. I at least keep the same color if the first pen doesn't work well. I choose based on my mood--color and effects like glitter or metallic--and on the journal (How sturdy are the pages?) I chose.
  • Choosing a necklace to wear. I have a few beautiful, complex necklaces that Josh gave me for anniversaries, Mother's Day, birthdays, and such. I've bought several for myself, always like a gift. The one I choose is more about mood than about matching an outfit. Actually, I often choose the necklace and build an outfit around it. 
  • Choosing the amount and tone of makeup. Lately, I'm likely to leave the house with only powder, mascara, and lip stain. In the past, I would almost never go out without full sparkling and colorful eyeshadow. Now, that's only on especially happy (or determined to be happy) days. Days of no makeup signal that I'm not feeling well at all. 
These all matter to me, and I think they reveal a lot about me. Other small, daily choices do this too. I should pay more attention not only to what the choices reveal but to how the choices can alter and uplift my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment