Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2016

How to Add Sparkle to Each Day.

  • Spill a little glitter on the bed, the floor, bags, and even clothes. Some will be visible now; some will be a surprise later. It seems crazy, but I love finding unexpected glitter in my books and journals.
  • Be kind and give sincere compliments. The recipient's face will probably glow.
  • Wear shirts or cardigans with glitter, beading, or rhinestones.
  • Grab ahold of sparks of ideas. Let them grow into something...a letter, a poem, a collage, a song.
  • Wear sparkly jewelry. I often skip this as the last step of getting ready. But I've been wearing costume jewelry more. A rhinestone necklace can completely change an outfit or even a day.
  • Use sparkly pens. My AP English teacher always used glitter pens to grade. That was probably how she put sparkle in her day.
  • Wear glitter nail polish. I'm always happily surprised when I look at my hands and see the nail polish.
  • Wear glittery makeup! I have glittery face powder, body powder, eye shadow, eye liner, and lip gloss. I need to use them. I always feel Sephora or Ulta with hands and arms coated with sparkling samples. 
  • Really pay attention to recent compliments others have given. I've started adding amazingly special words from people who love me to my quotation composition books. I can easily flip to the back of the notebook and see those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment