Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Page from My Journal : July 6, 2011.


Right now, I'm thinking about the peaceful yet creatively buzzing happiness of the residencies at Queens. I'm remembering the brilliant green of the quad and eating McAlisters food with Josh during a break. The black and gold auditorium. The big chairs and fireplace in the tiny student center.

I love how Bloglovin' corrals new posts for me. It's so easy, and I almost always have something new to read.

I've discovered a great new blog--Your Wishcake. The writer is serene, appreciative, and pregnant, and I've loved every post so far.


My blog is a month old today. I can't believe how fun it has been or how many friends and family members have told me they love it. I also never knew what a rich blogging community exists.

A wild storm is here. The world got suddenly dark after Josh mowed the lawn. The windows have been flashing. The lights have flickered and failed. The thunder is rumbling, and the rain sounds like someone is pouring out jars of false pearls. I feel cozy, safe, and lazy.

In the living room, only one row of boxes remains against the door to the side porch. I may try to clear those out today. The dining room is still stuffed with boxes, and the bedrooms are still messy. As Josh said, though, we've moved into this house far more than we ever moved into the Christmas Love Palace, which, to me, never really felt like ours.

 (When I was little, I got in trouble for holding my pen correctly. Oh well.)

I have grading to do tonight, but I've already editing the reports for tomorrow's editing team meeting. The editing can be tedious, but I like having real experience in it, and I do think it's something I could do for a living.

I have a Real Simple to finish and an Oprah to start. I love that I subscribed to those before we moved. The last magazines to which I subscribed were Lucky, Self, and Health. My subscriptions have definitely gotten more...well, like what a mother would read. In most ways, I don't plan on thinking of myself as "a mom." It will be one of my roles, one that I love and take seriously, but it won't be my identity. I'm remembering a line from Center Stage, my first DVD: "Girl, you are too many things!" That's what I want to be.


I can't believe our poor notebook languished in a box for seven months. We've both written in it just now--our lives have changed so much since the last entry! I love the ballerina I pasted in from a Chapel Hill bookstore flier. Maybe we'll go back in the spring and stroll with Oliver on campus. I'd like to walk with him on various campuses and let him feel the serenity and energy of them.


We also have Lost in Austen from Netflix--three hours British literary goodness. I see some of that, a crabby wrap, and cherries in my future. I think I'll make Josh a wrap with mini sweet peppers, cheese, chickpeas, and spicy French dressing.


After work tomorrow, we have a doctor's appointment. After this, we should start going every two weeks! I wonder how Oliver will react to the glucose test syrup. I need to remember to bring a book for the test wait.

I unpacked that art nouveau piece and put it up in front of my antique mirror on my favorite books cabinet. I don't know why I thought it was a shell--it's definitely a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment