Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Wonder of Etsy.


Of course, many of you are intimately acquainted with Etsy (as are your PayPal accounts). It's fairly new to me. But Josh found me that fabulous River Song Tardis journal there, and I just received another journal from an Etsy store. One of my favorite qualities of Etsy artists is the care with which they package their creations--often with yarn or ribbons and thank you notes. This one came with a bookmark made of an antique book spine.


After reading a post about up-cycled books on Oh, Hello Friend, I thought about how amazing writing "within the covers" of one of my favorite books (especially if I didn't have to be the one to cut it up). So I followed a link from the post and ended up at Pigsey Art's store. There, I spotted (gasp!) and ordered this gorgeous Under the Lilacs (Alcott) journal.


The cover is in excellent condition, and interspersed through the blank pages are illustrations and pages of text from the original book. Swoon!


Oh, and my friend Hannah of the Smarty Art blog has a new Etsy store you should check out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment