Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Suds Philosophical.


You may recall that I'm a little in love with Philosophy's line of foodie-friendly shampoo/body wash/bubble bath. Since the brand rarely has sales, and the large bottles normally cost $16, I usually have to make my June birthday treats/gifts last until Christmas...and the Christmas suds have to last until my birthday. Well, thanks to Sephora's Christmas in July Philosophy sale (you still have a few days!), I got to rack up a bit. All the fragrances were from the Christmas line, which usually has the yummiest "flavors" anyway.

I got a full-size (16 oz.) Sugary Cinnamon Icing and 6 oz. bottles of Peppermint Bark (which is the prettiest, shimmery ruby color), Buttered Rum, and Hazelnut Espresso. Don't those names just make you want to eat platters of mini desserts in a secluded cabin with a claw-foot tub by a fireplace, or is that just me? I also got two gift sets of Melting Marshmallow with 4 oz. bottles of the magic sudsy-ness, 2 oz. bottles of body lotion, and shimmery lip glosses. The gift box is sturdy and looks like a mountain cabin. The inside of the box is a hearth scene. I'm saving one in case Oliver wants to put little animals in it or something (perhaps Calico Critters?).

The scents are all fairly subtle in the bottle but warm up in steam. I love anything with a marshmallow scent (funny since I don't care for plain marshmallows...bring them on in a dessert or s'mores, of course. Mmm...s'mores...). Philosophy's marshmallow is very light and subtle toastiness. I was going to buy a full-sized bottle when it was available at Christmas, but I waited too long. Alas.

I was feeling a bit nervous since my big Butterscotch Bliss bottle is almost empty, but now, I know my showers (and my baths...ah, someday...) will remain delicious. I'm going to put one of each of the marshmallow suds and lotion right into my travel bag. The 3-in-1 is great to have when traveling: no worries about missing shampoo or body wash or not having something to sweeten a long tub soak. As bubble bath, the gel doesn't make a lot of froth, but it does make the water silky and fragrant.

When I was a preteen or young teen, I remember seeing Philosophy products in my aunt and uncle's bathroom. They were quite hip, sophisticated folks, and I thought, "Wow. I'll never be cool enough to have Philosophy stuff." It still isn't cheap, but I love having it. What symbolizes luxury for you?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, Philosophy is the best. My first bottle was a free "Happy Birthday" birthday cake shower gel gift from Sephora :) xo

    ReplyDelete