Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You Can't Go Wrong With...


Do you have certain items that you always love, can never get enough of, and aren't particularly particular about? People should know these, so they can avoid awkward gift-giving situations. Josh and I recently watched The Extra Man, in which, when first meeting his young new roommate, Kevin Kline's character said, "If you ever want to give me something, you can always give me Christmas balls." It was meant to be absurd, but I thought it was smart to let a new person know just what he liked up front. Here are some of my such items.

 (Image: http://www.esticker.com I love the free shipping!)

*Stickers. I really love stickers, especially Mrs. Grossman. I mostly use them in my journals (they're a good motivator...I want to fill up a page, so I can turn it and see what sticker is on the next). I never get tired of cake, cupcake, or present stickers. Unicorns, castles, mermaids, and fairies are always fabulous too (Mrs. Grossman always designs these).

*Bookmarks. As I've mentioned before, I'm always misplacing my bookmarks.

 (Image: http://marianmanuel.tumblr.com/ I'd really love to get my hands on this one in particular....)

*Journals. These are such special gifts. My in-laws brought me a journal from Italy. My aunt bought me a journal and illustrated the first page. It doesn't even matter if I already have the journal--I'll write in it twice. I also like seeing what kind people pick. I only dislike recycled paper. I know that makes me a horrible person, but recycled paper really doesn't handle any fun writing utensil.

*Pens. Colorful ink, colorful barrel...whatever. This is a gift I'll really use, and it's easy to find.


*philosophy 3-in-1 shampoo, bubble bath, and body wash. I'm crazy about this stuff, and the fragrances are crazy delicious. It's like showering in a sweet shop. In my fantasy house, I would have a whole cabinet or closet just filled with this. I'm also freaking out a bit about the new exclusive Mom and Baby line at Ulta.

*Wallflowers and candles. Josh and I go through candles like crazy, even in the summer. We especially like baking scents like cinnamon and vanilla.

*Pretty much anything with Cinderella or seahorses on it.

*Pretty much anything with old-fashioned keys (as a design, on jewelry, actual keys...).

Tell me about your fail-proof gift ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Windchimes and candles, and recently I've discovered that cookbooks can be a great gift for others, especially when Borders runs a buy one get one free sale just before Christmas! I'm generally a homemade gift giver, but when I don't have time, it's good to have staples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love candles, they give such a romantic feel to a room when they are lit.

    http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found a new affinity for cookbooks. I'm really starting to get into cooking and baking. I think any literary inspired item is good too. You can find such neat little Jane Austen and Shakespeare stuff now. Btw, have you seen this website Becky?

    http://www.shakespearesden.com/

    It's got lots of cute little literary things. As a literary soul mate I had to share :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Any.thing. from Anthropologie

    2. Vintage valentines

    I always tell Jason (my boy) things he can get me if he ever feels so inclined. Also, my love language is gifts, so they are always special to me. Even if I don't particularly *like* a gift, I will cherish it and probably keep it for years and years and grow to love it!

    ReplyDelete